* Last night, I read a headline that said, "Clips earn right to #1 pick". Let's get one thing straight. The only thing the Clippers deserve is criticism.
* With a glut of talented big men, the Clippers will still select Blake Griffin. If I were GM, I would trade a lottery-protected first-round pick just to get Zach Randolph OFF of my roster. Randolph is extremely talented and has a rare scoring gift, but I do not want Griffin to be negatively influenced. Knowing the Clippers, they'll trade Marcus Camby.
* Seeing Sacramento and Washington fall from picks 1 and 2 to picks 4 and 5 is eerily reminiscent yet more statistically believable than what happened two years ago with Memphis, Boston and Milwaukee.
* The 3rd pick overall will now be referred to as "No Man's Land". After the top two players, there is a major drop-off. In fact, in a stronger draft, I'd rate only one other player (James Harden) with a top 5 grade.
* Whoever gets stuck with Jordan Hill will kick themselves. He's improved every year, but he still has a lot of holes in his game.
* Who else is not drinking the Jrue Holiday Kool Aid? Another case of a guy who measures well. JaVale McGee measures well ... on the Wizards bench. I guess NBA GMs don't measure the intangibles from the game tape.
* Will teams in need of both point guards and bigs draft for value and select point guards? Or will they reach for bigs?