Arizona defeated 32-25 to win the NFC Championship
Darnell Dockett and the Cardinals have to plant Big Ben every time they get the slightest of grips on him. Otherwise, he will make them pay.
Credit: Yahoo! Sports
1) If anyone had Arizona in the Super Bowl at the following points, you are either crazy or a mad genius. Funny how the two intersect so easily.
B) After their Thanksgiving meltdown out east in the Linc
C) After the "snow-bowl" BEATDOWN (even with nothing to play for) against the Patsies
D) Before the Atlanta game
E) Before the Carolina game
F) When Philly took the lead 25-24 on that insane TD pass to DeSean Jackson.
2) Kurt Warner proved that even though Peyton Manning won the NFL, there is no more important quarterback to his team than Warner is to his Cardinals. 21-28, 279 yards, and 4 TDs in the franchise's biggest game (and then some) in Arizona. Not to mention the poise on that last drive. Wow.
3) Tim Hightower, a 5th round pick, couldn't handle being "the man" in Arizona down the stretch. Nevertheless, thanks to guys like Edgerrin James (more on him later), he's a rookie making major contributions on a Super Bowl team.
4) Edgerrin James had to leave Peyton Manning and Indianapolis and go out west - to the desert of Arizona - to get his Super Bowl trip. Funny, eh?
5) Larry Fitzgerald is worth the price of admission. I hope Anquan prays he's both healthy and Todd Haley wants him heavily involved in two weeks.
6) Donovan F. McNabb showed a lot of class, poise, and even a smile or two Sunday afternoon. Philly fans still don't deserve him.
7) Andy Reid is 1-4 in NFC Title games. Question is: how many of those "should" his teams have won?
8) DeSean Jackson is electric. I hope he's not a flash-in-the-pan wideout/returner.
9) Assante Samuel wasn't himself Sunday afternoon. Neither was Brian Dawkins.
10) That was a pass interference call the refs missed. You know the play. However, Curtis knows he had to somehow still catch that ball and the Eagles know they left that game on the field. They didn't lose because of the refs.
Pittsburgh defeated Baltimore 24-13 to win the AFC Championship
Joe Flacco didn't lay the biggest turd on the field Sunday. Instead, this guy was the biggest turd. And it wasn't even close. Nice job faking an injury.
Credit: Yahoo! Sports
1) Two Super Bowls in five years for Big Ben. Not too shabby.
2) Troy Polamalu doesn't care who anyone considers the best safety in the NFL, he just delivers when it matters most.
3) Hines Ward's health will be a major factor come two weeks.
4) Don't automatically assume Pittsburgh will cakewalk their way to Super Bowl XLIII. They won't.
5) LaMarr Woodley looked a lot more today like the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year.
6) Props to Terrell Suggs on a gritty effort.
7) Ray Lewis deserves better quarterbacks. Plain and simple.
8) Joe Flacco was exposed for what he truly is: a nice kid who is not going to be a very productive NFL quarterback in crunch time.
9) Prayers out to Willis McGahee.
10) Ryan Clark led with his helmet and may have broken a man's neck. Of course, he didn't mean to hurt someone. Nevertheless, that was helmet to helmet and a devastating illegal hit. He's lucky his own neck didn't break. The only realistic, sensible, and fair punishment is a suspension for the Super Bowl. However, the NFL is gutless - especially when dealing with top-tier organizations - and won't lift a finger to even fine Clark. Roger Goodell is a sham and probably a crook for not dealing with situations just like these. It makes his organization cower to the owners and the franchises. Pathetic. Speaking of which, Walt Coleman's crew should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such a hit to go unpenalized. Ashamed.
Congrats to both teams. Except Limas Sweed. Who clearly faked an injury after dropping a crucial potential touchdown pass. I hurt too when I blow easy touchdowns. Everyone in the room (in houses across the nation) knew he was gonna fake an injury too. Even Nantz (an idiot altogether) knew his pride was hurt and nothing more. He will forever be a yellow-bellied coward. And a faker. And butterfingers. Loser.
By the way, please don't be that Steelers fan who thinks his team is 100% class and Sweed was genuinley hurt. Don't be so naieve.
Think I'm angry? Not at all. But seriously, how did this movie make over $30-million on opening weekend? Aren't we in a recession???