Saturday, November 08, 2008

5 College Football Games We're All Excited For...Plus-1 Surprise

Is there any chance any of my loyal "readers" get the inference in the title.

My desire for at least a "plus-one" game; since we know a playoff is TKO'd before the match has started.

Nevertheless...

#12. Ohio State vs. Northwestern
Don't look now, but the Wildcats are 7-2 (bowl eligible) and might be creeping their way into the talk of the Big Ten's "second-tier". While only the Spartans have a realistic Rose Bowl chance - outside of Penn State - the Wildcats just might be playing on New Year's Day if they can pull off their biggest upset in seemingly countless years.

#22. Georgia Tech vs. #19. North Carolina
The ACC is completely up for grabs (especially since Maryland lost to Tech, as expected) and now seemingly half the conference "controls" its BCS destiny. Scary though, right? Cavalier, Hokie, Hurricane, and Seminole fans will have a keen interest in this outcome out of Chapel Hill.

Kansas State vs. #13. Missouri
With the Big 12 South LOADED (Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, & Oklahoma State), too many people have forgotten the Big XII title game is likely to pair up the winner of Kansas v. Missouri. Nevertheless, the Tigers need to start building momentum for that not-as-major-as-last-year showdown with the Jayhawks.

#21. California vs. #7. USC
So Pete Carroll now wants a playoff...shocker. The loss in Corvalis continues to sting while the Golden Bears can take driver's spot en route to the Rose Bowl with a road victory. Something tells me picking against the Trojans at home is a mistake.

#8. Oklahaoma State vs. #2. Texas Tech
Everyone is picking against Mike Leach, Graham Harrell, and Michael Crabtree. Except me. They're at home and there won't be a letdown. They may win in the closing seconds (although not like last week I bet); however, I think Texas Tech is one-week away from its first loss. Maybe.

...under the radar a bit...

#3. Penn State vs. Iowa
Am I calling an upset? NO! However, the Nittany Lions may only have one more "test" before an undefeated campaign (hello Michigan State!). I'm still a little interested in how they perform agaisnt the underachieving Hawkeyes on the road. I'm just saying...

Note: I know I didn't mention Alabama vs. LSU. Why? I'm tired of the SEC right now and tired of Nick Saban's drama. Even if he isn't pushing it.

Enjoy the games...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tired of the SEC...sounds like hater talk to me.