- When you watch CBS during the NCAA Tournament, you'll see promos for a "tradition unlike any other". I really hate those commercials, and the Viagra and Cialis commercials that play en masse over the course of that "tradition unlike any other".
- Purdue made a huge statement for a #1 seed in our next bracket. Though, I still stand by my assertion that Robbie Hummel (after Kyle Singler) is the 2nd-most overrated player in college basketball. I am sick of hearing from the talking heads that these guys "play the game the right way". I'll stop short of calling it racist, but it's certainly arrogant.
- I'm late to the party on this, but Utah State is a fine basketball team. They haven't lost since January 4. They're 11th in adjusted offensive efficiency, and in watching portions of their last two games, they really spread the ball around well.
- After blowing a double-digit lead against Virginia Tech,
WakeMistake Forest played a stinker of a game against NC State. Word from Raleigh is that the Demon Deacons built a house faster than Habitat for Humanity. Good for them.
- This was a pretty great two weeks for our at-large bubble teams. Louisville won at the Cuse, and is now 9-5 in conference. UConn, who nearly no one left in their bracket, went on the road and defeated Villanova. UTEP kicked ass and took names in Conference USA. Minnesota, who still has a long way to go, defeated Wisconsin with John Leuer. Mississippi State may have defeated Kentucky, had the Wildcats not brought their officials to the last 4 minutes of regulation and all of overtime (gotta love those John Wall gang signs). The tomfoolery offered up by their fans at the end of the game was embarrassing, and if it came down to them and another team for the 34th at-large position, I could see the the NCAA not extending an invite to the big dance. As for Ole Miss, they lost two must-win games, and are NIT-bound unless they win games that they are not supposed to.