Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Falling Short of the Mark - Thank You, Elton

Here's a video summary of my thoughts on the Warriors and Clippers free agency efforts.




Other Notes
- Corey Maggette is apparently worth the $10M per year that he wanted. So say the Warriors, at least.

- When I think Andrew Bogut, here's what DOES NOT come to mind: 5 years, $72.5M. Why? Seriously. Bogut shot a career-low 51% and shoots less than 60% from the charity stripe. Sure, that's the HHI speaking - Hashemi Hater Index for those keeping score. Bogut has only missed 20 games in three years and has improved his scoring and rebounding output. If I were GM, I would not pay him half of that. I hope they enjoy the red carpet that they'll be laying out in the paint.

- Ronny Turiaf signs an offer sheet - 4 years, $17M - with the Warriors. One of the most energetic players in the league (and among my personal favorites since he was a Zag), Turiaf struggles with foul trouble even in the offseason. The Lakers have seven days to match. Tick, tock.

- James Jones inked a 4 year deal worth $23M with the Heat. ::YAWN::

No comments: