Monday, December 18, 2006

Billy King, The BS Machine

For every BS Machine, you need a BS translator. Here are some quotes from Sixers Team President Billy King regarding the AI saga from an article written today.

BK: "We never put a timetable on this. The only timetable I'll put on this is to make the best decision for this franchise for the long haul. We've got to be very methodical as we go through this and do our due diligence. This is not something we're going to rush into."
BST: Every NBA general manager called my bluff when I said there would be a 72-hour window to trade Allen Iverson.

BK: "We've had some great dialogue."
BST: We're getting nothing in terms of young talent in return for the guy I drove out of town by the horrible contracts I've either signed or traded for.

BK: "I think the teams out there that we're talking with know exactly what it will take to get it done. We'll keep talking. This is a process where you make a lot of conversation."
BST: The teams out there know what we want and they're willing to offer the goods, but I'm an idiot, and my ego comes before the team, so Allen is sitting at home.

BK: "Once it was there and out that we were going to trade him, and he had asked to be traded, I felt it was best to keep him out and let the team focus on playing. It gives me the chance to evaluate our team as we're talking to people. What pieces would fit best to go with the pieces that we have."
BST: My ego got the better of me and I am bigger than AI. I know that I want to keep Andre Iguodala, Rodney Carney, Kyle Korver, and Willie Green as my core, so I'm going to leave my best player at home so I can draft Greg Oden with the first pick overall.

BK: "I'm going to do whatever I can to help this franchise for the long haul."
BST: Except for resign from my post.

No comments: